Sunday, February 14, 2010

Tanner turns 17...

17 years ago I had my first baby.  17 years ago, I was not much older than he is now.  17 years ago I became a mother.  I took out my son's baby album and re-read some of the "posts" or journal entries as we used to call them... here are a few moments...
5.12.93  Tanner, you are such a beautiful baby and you are my pride and joy!  You are my lover and I can't believe the things you do.
6.23.93  Today has been rough.  You are cranky because well I believe you are getting a tooth.  You have had a fever for a day and when I gave you Tylenol it seemed to help.  Tonight you are a little better.  You laughed at me when I sucked the snot out of your nose.  Really laughed.  It made mommy laugh too.  Mommy calls you love and lover all the time.  It may stick.  I love you.  Daddy gets to love and meet you for the first time in 14 days.
10.23.93  Another month and it is time to write again.  You have grown so much.  You keep Daddy and I very busy.  You haven't been very happy lately though.  Sick and ear aches.  You will be better soon.  Daddy and I are learning to experience struggles as we deal with new things.  Be patient with us.  Daddy and I love you very much but do make some mistakes.  Be patient with us.  We love you.
4.19.94  Boy the days are going quickly.  You have grown so much.  You really are turning into a little boy.  Crawling on furniture and running around on sea legs.  Your daddy and I sure do love you very much.  I love you.
My handsome son...

1 comment: