Saturday, February 13, 2010

Ready, set, cast on...

Tonight was the start of the Olympics and the start of the Knitting Olympics.  I was going to stay home tonight and relax from feeling burnt out but I just could not resist showing up at Friday Night knitting.  We had a little Valentines Day party and it was really, really nice to see all of my knitting friends.  Tonight, during the Opening Ceremony, I cast on for Hanna.  I can see already that this sweater will be a challenge but mainly because it starts off with A LOT of stockinette knitting - CAN YOU SAY BORING?  I will move forward and keep going.  It is looking beautiful. 
On another note. I showed my sample of BFL around tonight, the fiber I am spinning for my sweater!  I was given the feedback I thought that I would be given, that the yarn is a little to "stiff" for the sweater I had planned.  I think I am going to have to rethink which sweater I plan on making.  The fiber is beautiful knit up, it just doesn't move enough for the sweater I was hoping to make with it. 
An update on my Thursday commitment to work on my WIP projects.  I was dedicated yesterday and for that matter, all week to my OFFF KAL Shawl Project.  I now have over 40 cables so that means around 40 inches.  I have broken into the third skein of alpaca and am getting very close to needing my third skein of silk and mohair.  Nannette gave Zaynab this card a few weeks ago and it was funny how Z told me that I was the progress knitter and she was the one playing with the yarn.  In this instance it is reverse as she is done with her shawl and is patiently waiting for Cathy and me to finish.  Cathy is going to be done in no time at all.  I will get there - eventually...
HAPPY VALENTINES DAY...
AND HAVE A WONDERFUL WEEKEND!

No comments:

Post a Comment