Monday, May 30, 2011

My first BULKY spinning job...

Oh, I have not mentioned that I have been spinning more than usual lately. I am not sure why but spinning seems to be interesting me this spring. I have been challenging myself to learn new techniques. Spinners can get into serious ruts and that is me... Never taking chances with the fiber that I spend precious money on. I decided at the fiber retreat to just go with it, learn new things and try to be a little more creative. Some time ago I purchased these two braids from a de-stash link in Ravelry. I love Fat Cat Knits fiber. She is amazing with color and she has this wonderful sense of how to mix two different color ways into these "mixed blessing" sets. So I have been sitting on this fiber for some time trying to decide, what shall I do with you. I sat down at the wheel yesterday after some chores were done and before company showed up for a BBQ. I split the braids in half and started spinning. I wanted to preserve long color draws so I did not split it into thinner sections. As I started this fiber decided to be thick and I created my first bulky fiber wit it! I am so please. I spun 1/2 of the first color braid and 1/2 of the second color braid and I plied them against each other. At first I was a bit nervous because the colors are so different but as I started I could see exactly what FCK could see and they blended perfectly with each other!
Stay tuned for the results...

No comments:

Post a Comment