Monday, May 30, 2011

Mixed Blessings results...


Spun FCK Mixed Blessing, originally uploaded by jeaniefarley1973.

Here is my plied, soaked, beaten (it was a bit unbalanced) and dried fiber from the two braids previously shown. Don't the colors blend beautifully together! It is such a fun and unique yarn. Definitely bulky and it will most likely become a baby object. I am thinking a bulky sweater and stripes worked into it somehow! We will see. I still have half of each braid and I am thinking (well with the brainstorming of my BFF, Farrah) that I will spin up singles and ply them against each other (not mixing the two color ways). That will give me some options to make something unique and maybe have a different hem and color area on a garment. Want to see the cute little toy I purchased? Stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. It came together so beautifully! I am really impressed with your bulky...when I was spinning I could never spin bulky with any sort of evenness. Can't wait to see what you knit with it. :)

    ReplyDelete