Saturday, December 19, 2009

Spinning...

I attended a fiber festival in Wasilla a few months ago. When we were cleaning up for the evening and helping the organizers pack up their goods, I sat down at a spinning wheel. I had been toying with the idea of purchasing a spinning wheel but they are expensive and when would I find the time to spin the yarn that I love to knit with? Well, I fell in love with the wheel and anyone who knows me, knows that I am impulsive. Denise offered me a pretty good deal on the wheel that was talking to me so I did it. I brought home my Victoria. Isn't she pretty? She folds up small and fits in the bag...

A few weeks ago I participated in a class to learn a little bit more about using her. I have not had a chance to sit down since but I am sure I will be spinning up some great yarn soon. I need to! The class was wonderful for learning techniques on testing your spinning and seeing if you like what you are doing. It was more wonderful for spending time with old friends and making new ones. Check back for posts on my spinning adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment