Sunday, December 27, 2009

Spinning. Finally.



So I have been on a bit of a spinning hiatus. I took my class and immediately ran out of time to actually practice what I learned. I vowed that I would sit at my spinning wheel at some point over this 4 day weekend. It took until today but I did it. I finished spinning up some alpaca/silk blend that I purchased in Portland at the Flock and Fiber Festival. I then plied this on itself which leaves me just a bit to work with but I am sure it is going to make a cute little project. It is a bit chunky for my taste but I keep reminding myself that I am just learning. Practice makes perfect, right. Next I took out a braid that my BFF Farrah brought me for Christmas. It is so yummy in red, brown, green and cream. I am still working on this braid as there is a lot of it and I have not decided if it will remain a single or be plied on a solid color. I am going to have to think about what it might become. I met a goal of spinning for a couple of hours today but now it is back to Clint's hat!

No comments:

Post a Comment