Friday, July 9, 2010

Getting back to the reason I am blogging...knitting...

So my blog posts have been void of "knitting material" as of late so I thought I would get caught up with some knitter worthy blogging...  I was reading a friends blog today and I really liked her format so I am going to give it a try.

What is on my needles:  As of today I have one shawl on the needles.  This shawl is called Ishbel and is by Ysolda.  I am making this shawl as part of a KAL (knit a long) with some gals from Portland.  I was gifted some beautiful Queensborough 80% Alpaca, 20% Bamboo from my bestie Farrah and decided that it was the perfect yarn for this shawl.  The beginning of the shawl is stockinette stitch so it is a little slow and boring going but it will soon get exciting...  here is my first day's progress...
I have also finished ONE of my Skew socks.  I have blogged about these socks before and if you know me you know that I am pretty good about getting one done and then taking a break before making sock two.  I love these socks.  they fit GREAT.  I will most definitely finish the pair...  as for when...  here is sock one patiently awaiting it's partner...

Lola want's a pair.  Oh that would not be good, I would have to make 4...
Comfy, clever socks.  I will have the set ready for clog weather for sure!
What is my MOOD:  If you read my last blog post, you will know my mood.  No need to go through it again, other than I am sick and ready to be done with the head cold...
What am I READING:  I am currently reading the third book in the Kathy Reichs, BONES, series.  It is called Deadly Decisions.  I am interested in these books mainly because I am addicted to the television program.  The books are really very different than the series but I like them.  I am really excited to get through this book because I just downloaded the books from the "Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" and I can't wait to get started...  I read my books on my iPhone now using Kindle for the iPhone.  I just know that it would be much easier on an iPad but that would be another expense!
What is the WEATHER:  Today is BEAUTIFUL.  The sun is shining.  It is warm, hot even and I am inside updating my blog!  I hope the sun decides to keep shining.  I am really ready for the sunshine in Alaska (we had it in Italy). 

2 comments:

  1. Happy Happy Birthday Jeanie - I love the socks, shawl and, of course, Lola girl. The trip pics are fabulous...soak up the sun so you can recall it this winter. Big hugs, RBF

    ReplyDelete
  2. like the blog format now - great way to break things out! hope you had a FABULOUS day today!!!

    ReplyDelete