Thursday, October 28, 2010

It has been some time since I have updated my blog. Life seems to be busy, but not busy if you know what I mean. Example... Yesterday I came home and promptly went to my bed to rest. I slept all night. Work is busy though. Very very busy. Busy is good except I am so tired when I get home from work so fiber fun has been fleeting. I also just spent 4 days visiting my oldest nephew, Wesley, at Western State College of Colorado in Gunnison, Colorado. It was friends and family weekend and my sister invited me and Patti along for a girls weekend... The trip was fun and will be what I concentrate my blog post on...


The college had fun events planned. The first being and 80's themed dance. We had fun planning our costumes.



This is me and Wesley! I am glad he was happy to see his Aunt Jeanie.



Julie asked for socks. I though it was fitting to work on them during the trip to see her son at college...




Wesley plays football for the school. We went to a game. He red shirted this year so he got to sit with us. Basically he is a team member that is not yet playing. Hopefully next year he will get game time... Progress on the sock was slow. It was cold.



We went to Crested Butte for good pizza and beer.



I knitted while we waited for coffee. This place had a long line every day.



We went back to Crested Butte for a harvest festival that as it turns out was for the younger set. It would have been a lot of fun if I was 8.



And here is the bummer. I got the heels done on the plane ride home. Tried them on and they are to big. Rip out those lovely heels I did and re-knitting is in progress. They are a great design. Retro Rib Socks from Favorite Socks. I will post all details when they are done. On another note check out my handsome sons senior portraits.



















Location:Long Overdue

1 comment:

  1. I see you found our cold. It was in CO. Looks like a good time despite the temps.

    Very impressed with your 2 socks at a time as you travel. :)

    ReplyDelete