Monday, August 16, 2010

Slugs and a scarf... oh my life and rainy days!

I am going to slip in a quick post!  Life has been busy with a new baby in the house (Sterling - insert gratuitous dog photo here).
Sterling was not feeling well this day (he hurt his toe nail) and he was literally sleeping like a baby in my arms - while I was driving!  Bad driving but frigging cute dog!
  I have been doing a whole lot of nothing (nothing = walking dogs, feeding dogs, walking dogs, stalking dogs to make sure no one is having accidents, trying to get dogs to sleep, did I mention walking dogs?).
And did you know Alaska has a new record this year...
30 consecutive days of rain! 
I am sure you can sense my mood, dreary, down, a little blue.  Yes, we have had some nice sunny streaks, followed by a downpour or sprinkles at some point during the sunny day.  Yes, we understand the lower 48 states are sweltering but we are not and we wouldn't mind some sweltering weather in Alaska.  I will trade, I will, I will.  I just dream that I am going to wake up to big fat snowflakes and it makes me want to squish down farther in my bed.  Oh and the slugs, the slugs, I swear, I have NEVER in my life seen so many slugs.  We had at least 100 on the back of the house the other morning.  In fact, they were pry crawling out of the lawn saying help me, help me, we are drowning in the lawn!  GROSS!

On to some knitting!  I have so many wants to knit right now but right now my focus is on a colorful project.  This Scrappy Lengthwise Scarf which is SIMPLE, SIMPLE, SIMPLE.  I am making this scarf out of some yarn that I bought over a year ago in Montana.  It is Mountain Color Yarn Bearfoot in the colorway Bitterroot Rainbow.  I chose this crazy colorway because it is named after the Valley that my husbands family has lived in since the 60's.  It is a beautiful place the Bitterroot Valley and that is also where the yarn company comes from.  Here is my Scrappy Lengthwise Scarf with 400 stitches cast on and about 1/2 inches of width done.  This is a special one and has a special place to live when it is done!  Can't tell but just know, it has a home.

No comments:

Post a Comment